As World War II came to an end in 1945, RAAF Chaplain Rev Dr Kinglsey M Ridgway, transitioned back into pastoral ministry in Melbourne, Australia. From November 1, 1945 Kingsley was appointed Field Representative of the North American Wesleyan Methodist Church and authorised to commence the new denomination in Australia.
On June 8, 1946 founding members of the Wesleyan Methodist Church of America in Australia were received in a public meeting held at the Noone Street Mission in the suburb of Clifton Hill. The first congregations were established at Moonee Ponds, Bendigo, Yarraville and Cohuna. The first Annual Confrence was held at the Yarraville hall on November 14-15, 1947. At that conference the decision was made to purchase Huntingtower, an empty mansion near Merlynston. Huntingtower became the national headquarters, the Bible College, sometimes campground, and the location of one of the earliest local congregations (College Church).
In September 2015, the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia reported 89 congregations spread across seven states and territories with 2,638 members and an average of 4,330 people in church on Sunday.
In 2015 the global Wesleyan Church reported 422,295 members and average attendance of 523,596 persons in 4,722 congregations. In 2015 there were 90,221 reported conversions through the ministry of the Wesleyan Church worldwide.